Please Join Us!
Join us and become an active member of our DFL Community Caucus to help us address the needs of seniors. You can join one or more of our local chapters and any of our committees leading us on vital issues that concern us all. Your membership allows us to reach more seniors and have a larger voice on issues. You become part of a mission and movement to address the needs of senior citizens across Minnesota.
Making a better world for our Children, our Grandchildren, and Ourselves!
ISSUES & LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES
What are the issues that the Senior Caucus care most about?
The primary goal of the Senior Caucus is to impact public policy, to bring focus and accountability to senior issues, and to elect representatives who support the following issues important to seniors:
- Affordable, quality health care
- Fair prescription drug coverage
- Protect the Medicare program
- Protect the Social Security program
- Safe, livable communities
- Affordable, quality education
- Fair and equitable tax policies
- A healthful environment to pass on to our children and grandchildren
- Protecting vulnerable adults
- Expand critical services to seniors, such as transportation, home health care, and maintenance
- Provide decent, affordable housing for seniors
- A peaceful world where our grandchildren can succeed
Endorsement of Candidates
he DFL Senior Caucus endorses candidates who request our endorsement and pass the screening interviews. To be considered for endorsement, download one of the following questionnaires and complete the requested information on the online form. We are looking forward to talking to you!
Resolutions for Caucus
The following resolutions are approved by the Senior Caucus to take to your caucus meeting on February 27, 2024:
I decided at the age of 74 to retire. A current member of the Anoka County Senior Caucus invited me to come. I became president and increased the membership. The time has been worthwhile to me.
As one of the Founders of the DFL Senior Caucus, and as a former DFL State Representative, my main purpose was to create a political vehicle for Seniors to make known, and provide visibility for the many issues of seniors (health care being #1) to the DFL Party and to political leaders at the State, Federal and local levels.
I am a DFLer because the Democratic Party is the compassionate party. The DFL is concerned with the well being of all people, from birth through death with dignity. The DFL is the party that represents my progressive philosophies.