The DFL Senior Caucus
Governing Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of the Senior Caucus Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Director, Liaison to the DFL State Central Committee & Executive Board, the local Chapter Chair, and at least eight at-large Directors. A new Board is elected every odd numbered year at the annual membership meeting. The Board has the authority to appoint three additional Directors to serve for the same time period as the above Directors.
Responsibilities of the Officers:
- The Chair shall convene and facilitate all Senior Caucus and Board meetings; shall exercise oversight over the operation of the Senior Caucus, the Board, and such committees that the Board may establish; and administer the directives of the Senior Caucus. The Chair may delegate duties as necessary.
- The Vice Chair shall fulfill the duties of the Chair in the absence of the Chair and shall assist the Chair in the duties of the Chair.
- The Secretary shall produce the official records of the meetings, distribute calls and notices for Board or membership meetings, and distribute other Senior Caucus communications as may be deemed necessary.
- The Treasurer shall keep record of, account for, and report on the financial activities of the Senior Caucus.
- The Membership Director shall coordinate the recruitment of members, manage membership data, maintain up-to-date membership records and provide timely reporting of such records, and determine those members who are in good standing.
Responsibilities of the Board
The Board is responsible for managing the business and affairs of the Senior Caucus. Its duties include:
- Calling, scheduling and conducting membership meetings, disseminating proper notice, and determining voting methods on matters other than the election of Officers and the Board.
- Authorizing and organizing candidate forums and screening, accountability and review sessions, speaker events, and similar activities.
- Conducting the financial affairs of the Senior Caucus, including approval of expenditures; collecting dues and raising funds to support the activities of the Senior Caucus.
- Overseeing the work of Officers, volunteers, and others carrying out the work of the Senior Caucus.
- Appointing a Nominating Committee and creation of other committees in order to carry out the activities of the Senior Caucus. and
- Authorizing official statements of support for candidates, legislation or for policy at any level of government.
Board meetings are held the 4th Thursday of the month at the DFL Plato Office building from 11am to 1pm or by Zoom.
Check calendar Bring your ideas and brainstorm with the Officers and Directors.
March 2020 – No Meeting
April 2020 – No Meeting
August 2020 – see Annual Meeting above
November 2020 – No Meeting
December 2020 – No Meeting
Come Join Us
Join us and become an active member of our DFL Community Caucus to help us address the needs of seniors. Join one or more of our local chapters and join our committees leading us on vital issues that concern us all. Please join and donate. Your membership dues and donations allow us to reach more seniors. You become part of a mission and movement to address the needs of senior citizens across Minnesota.
Making a better world for our Children, our Grandchildren, and Ourselves!
Current Board of Directors – terms expiring: May 2021
Karla Sand (ACTING)
Liason to the DFL State Central Committee & Executive Board