The Board of Directors consists of the Senior Caucus Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Director, Liaison to the DFL State Central Committee & Executive Board, the local Chapter Chair, and at least eight at-large Directors. A new Board is elected every odd numbered year at the annual membership meeting. The Board has the authority to appoint three additional Directors to serve for the same time period as the above Directors.
The DFL Senior Caucus is a member-directed organization. Its day to day operation is conducted by an elected Board of Directors in accordance with the Caucus’s Charter.
The Board of Directors consists of five officers, Caucus Chair, Associate Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Director, and at least eight at-large Directors. A new Board is elected every odd numbered year at the annual membership meeting. The Board is responsible for managing the business and affairs of the Caucus. For more specific details refer to the Senior Caucus Charter.
DFL Senior Caucus members residing within a particular Minnesota U.S. Congressional District, or smaller geographic area, may organize and operate a Chapter of the Senior Caucus in that district or area in order to further the purposes and activities of the Senior Caucus. Local interaction and political activism is being met through these local Chapters. The local Chapters operate within the framework of the DFL Senior Constituency Caucus.
Senior Caucus members seeking to form a local Chapter agree to operate under the Senior Caucus Charter and must apply to the Senior Caucus Board for recognition as an official Chapter.
Come Join Us
Join us and become an active member of our DFL Community Caucus to help us address the needs of seniors. Join one or more of our local chapters and join our committees leading us on vital issues that concern us all. Please join and donate. Your membership dues and donations allow us to reach more seniors. You become part of a mission and movement to address the needs of senior citizens across Minnesota.
Making a better world for our Children,our Grandchildren, and Ourselves!
Structure and Goals
Committees and work groups are made up of Senior Caucus members. Committees have cross over responsibilities and work closely with other committees to complete the work of the Senior Caucus membership and political action goals. Although the committees change periodically, the current committees are:
- Communication: Produce and distribute Senior Caucus materials – such as brochures and flyer that the Caucus uses to provides information to members and other seniors. This includes the quarterly Newsletter
- Education: Coordinates activities, events and information that enhances the instruction of Senior Caucus members. The Book Club is included in the Education Committee.
- Events: Plans, coordinates Senior Caucus events and programs. Coordinates events such as the annual Gala, annual picnic, MN State Fair activities, monthly lunches, annual membership meeting
- Documents: Reviews all organizational documents, keeps them up to date and brings needed changes to the Board for review
- Membership: Coordinates the recruitment of members and communications on all membership matters. Maintains membership data, chapter data. Works on Chapter development. Provides membership reports
- Political Involvement Committee (PIC): Develop, promote and manage programs through which seniors can participate in political events, projects and campaigns, including DFL candidate endorsement
- Senior Caucus Development and Outreach: Develop, promote and manage programs to build the Senior Caucus, including Chapters, develop relationships with groups within the DFL and outside the DFL to extend the reach of the Senior Caucus
- Technology: coordinates and manages the technology that the Senior Caucus uses, including VAN, Facebook and other social media, email blasts, video conferencing, the website, and other technology as needed
Committee chairs can be reached by sending an email to email@example.com