Structure and Goals
Committees and work groups are made up of Senior Caucus members. Committees have cross over responsibilities and work closely with other committees to complete the work of the Senior Caucus membership and political action goals. Although the committees change periodically, the current committees are:
- Communication: Produce and distribute Senior Caucus materials – such as brochures and flyer that the Caucus uses to provides information to members and other seniors. This includes the quarterly Newsletter
- Education: Coordinates activities, events and information that enhances the instruction of Senior Caucus members. The Book Club is included in the Education Committee.
- Events: Plans, coordinates Senior Caucus events and programs. Coordinates events such as the annual Gala, annual picnic, MN State Fair activities, monthly lunches, annual membership meeting
- Documents: Reviews all organizational documents, keeps them up to date and brings needed changes to the Board for review
- Membership: Coordinates the recruitment of members and communications on all membership matters. Maintains membership data, chapter data. Works on Chapter development. Provides membership reports
- Political Involvement Committee (PIC): Develop, promote and manage programs through which seniors can participate in political events, projects and campaigns, including DFL candidate endorsement
- Senior Caucus Development and Outreach: Develop, promote and manage programs to build the Senior Caucus, including Chapters, develop relationships with groups within the DFL and outside the DFL to extend the reach of the Senior Caucus
- Technology: coordinates and manages the technology that the Senior Caucus uses, including VAN, Facebook and other social media, email blasts, video conferencing, the website, and other technology as needed
Committee chairs can be reached by sending an email to: DFLSENIORS@GMAIL.COM
Please Join Us!
Join us and become an active member of our DFL Community Caucus to help us address the needs of seniors. You can join one or more of our local chapters and any of our committees leading us on vital issues that concern us all. Your membership allows us to reach more seniors and have a larger voice on issues. You become part of a mission and movement to address the needs of senior citizens across Minnesota.